Royal jelly, as the name suggests is the noblest of all bee products. Royal jelly is harvested only by some beekeepers very specialized using a technique called "queen rearing". A hive provides approximately 250g of royal jelly per year, which makes it a very rare commodity. This unique substance is secreted by the bees responsible for raising the larvae. These are fed royal jelly for three days, but during this short period, their growth is absolutely amazing. The queen larvae are fed royal jelly for six days. As for the queen, it's fed only royal jelly and lived nearly 40 times longer than the bees!
The substance of royal jelly is creamy, pale yellow and slightly acid flavor.
The proportions of the known components are :
• Water : About 66%
• Carbohydrates : About 14% (mainly glucose and fructose)
• Protein : About 13%
• Fat : About 4%
Very rich in natural hormones, royal jelly contains vitamins in abundance: A, C, D, E, and a majority of B group vitamins: B1, B2, B3 (or PP), B5, B6, B7, B8 (or H), B9, B12 (thiamine, riboflavin, pyridoxine, nicotinamide, pantothenic acid, biotin, inositol and folic acid).
Essential amino acids allow a high concentration of rich protein (cystine, lysine and arginine). We also note the presence of nucleic acids DNA and RNA. Royal jelly is full of minerals and trace elements (calcium, copper, iron, phoshore, potassium, silicon, sulfur). It also contains the gelatin (collagen precursor), gamma globulin (immune defense stimulus), and decanoic acid, which shows strong antibiotic activity against many bacteria and fungal infestations.
This is a very complex food which has not yet revealed all its secrets. It is generally assumed that royal jelly contains approximately 3% of subjects not yet determined.
The therapeutic indications attributed to royal jelly are very numerous. It is a food hyper-focused, could restore the body's lost vitality.
• It strengthens the immune system. Antibacteriological and antimicrobial action. It strengthens the flexibility of arthritic joints and allows greater freedom of movement without pain.
• In case of lack of energy, it significantly increases mental alertness, and improves vital energy.
• It stimulates and restores some disturbed metabolism and helps normalize body functions. It helps fight rickets and also helps women cope with unpleasant side effects in pregnancy, premenstrual syndrome and during menopause.
• Ideal for anemia or convalescent, it fights fatigue, increases resistance to stress, stimulates good mood and a feeling of general well-being.
• Royal jelly has a positive effect on insomnia.
• This is a great asset to lose weight. By participating in the increased production of serotonin, essential brain substance for all those who have trouble to control their appetite, royal jelly regulates it naturally, without side effects.
• It was found that royal jelly helps to regenerate skin and its appendages (nails, hair).
• It increases the effectiveness of creams designed to promote an healthy texture and a radiant skin, increase resistance against diseases and help to preserve skin aging. It is therefore recommended to treat dry and scaly, and acne. It leaves skin wonderfully soft, and thereby makes you feel younger.
• Re-stimulating, it is a true fountain of youth that regenerates cells. Thanks to its remarkable anti-aging properties, it would have allowed older people to recover vigor and joie de vivre.
• Royal Jelly promotes recovery of sexual function failed (it is often used to treat impotence). By stimulating the adrenal glands, it is probably responsible for a significant acceleration of metabolism, and therefore a surplus of energy and an increased sexual stamina.
• Among other properties, it helps treat neuropsychological disorders and to reduce cholesterol and triglycerides.
Undoubtedly, royal jelly possesses extraordinary powers and we maybe reserve many surprises.
Royal Jelly as "food supplement" sold on this site is not medicine and should be used as part of an healthy balanced diet. In no way, ESHOP-BIO would not replace your doctor. The information in this site are provided for information purposes and are based on available documentation.
Extract from the booklet "Apithérapie, la Médecine des Abeilles et ses Bienfaits pour votre Santé" LMV Editions