Propolis is a resinous substance collected by bees from the buds of some trees such as fir, birch, poplar ... Worker bees affecting the characteristics by enriching then of their secretions. Propolis is of vital importance for the survival of the hive. Bees use it in the way of a sealant to seal cracks in the hive and make it watertight in order to fight against the rigors of winter. It also puts advantage of its antibacterial and anti-microbial to sanitize the brood cells and to mummify the corpses of foreign bodies too large to be evacuated. Propolis hinders fundamentally the decomposition.
Propolis is generally composed of :
• 50 to 55% resin (flavonoids, phenolic acids, esters ...)
• 30 to 35% wax
• 5% of pollen
• 10% of various substances
Propolis is rich in vitamins A, B and E, trace elements and minerals (zinc, selenium, magnesium, iron, silicon ...).
More than 200 components have been identified but as royal jelly, propolis has not yet revealed all its secrets.
Propolis is prized for its antibacterial, antifungal, antiseptic and antiviral properties.
• Propolis is an excellent natural antibiotic that can stop the spread of many germs disease, without side effects. It also allows a better wound healing.
• Great enemy of virus, it attacks them and destroys them thanks to bioflavonoids that it contains. She is able to enhance the activity of white blood cells that destroy invading microorganisms and dead cells of our body.
• It activates the thyroid gland and, consequently, the immune system.
• Externally, the most notable results were recorded in dermatology: the majority of skin diseases (acne, mouth ulcers, abscesses, eczema, herpes, psoriasis) are able to react favorably to treatment with propolis.
• Several clinical studies have shown that the therapeutic properties of this substance are real. Against gingivitis and other infections of the oral mucosa, a mouthwash of propolis has an anti-pain and anti-inflammatory action.
• Other studies have shown the benefits of propolis to internal use, on respiratory infections (asthma, postnasal drip, sore throat, bronchitis, flu, cold) as a preventive measure or when the disease was reported.
• It can also fight against certain intestinal infections and relieve the symptoms of rheumatic complaints.
Propolis as "food supplement" sold on this site is not medicine and should be used as part of an healthy balanced diet. In no way, ESHOP-BIO would not replace your doctor. The information in this site are provided for information purposes and are based on available documentation.
Extract from the booklet "Apithérapie, la Médecine des Abeilles et ses Bienfaits pour votre Santé" LMV Editions